Saturday, July 15, 2023

Stories for Clever Children - James M. LeCuyer

 Stories for Clever Children & All Curious and Thoughtful AdultsStories for Clever Children & All Curious and Thoughtful Adults by James M. Lecuyer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

James M. LeCuyer’s Stories for Clever Children & All Curious and Thoughtful Adults is the offshoot of a disturbingly multifaceted writer. You really never know what he’s going to make happen next, but it’s always totally cool and just right. He is wacky, deeply philosophical in a totally plebeian way (if that’s possible), occasionally obscene, vacillatingly frightened, outrageous, furious, bizarre, practical and snort-laughingly funny while also being completely understandable to anyone with a slightly open mind.


I’m going to read his Duck Lessons tonight, even before I send this to my editor, and going out tomorrow to buy his poetry, A Brick for Offissa Pupp, and stories, Threnody for Sturgeon, even though I don’t remember what a threnody is and could probably get them from him or Floating Island and Outskirts Presses for free. 

He’s that good.
You should, too. And I don’t often say should, especially about spending money, even for books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment